Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
1. Network Print Direct is a trading name of Network Print and Design, Unit 3, Gymtec House, Whincup Avenue, Knaresborough,
North Yorkshire HG5 0JH
2. Price variation - Price estimates are based on Network Print current costs of production and, unless otherwise agreed, are subject to amendment on or at any time after acceptance, where such amendment is required in order to meet any rise or fall in such costs.
3. Tax - Network Print reserves the right to charge the amount of any value added tax payable whether or not included on the estimate or invoice.
4. Preliminary work - All work carried out, whether experimentally or otherwise, at customer's request shall be chargeable.
5. Copy - Where any additional work of whatever nature is necessary as a result of copy supplied by a customer not being clear and/or legible, Network Print shall be entitled to make additional charges on a time and materials basis to cover such additional work.
6. Proofs - Proofs of all work may be submitted for customer's approval and Network Print shall incur no liability for any errors not corrected by the customer in proofs so submitted. Additional charges shall be made for any additional proofs that are required as a result of alterations required by the customer. When style, type or layout is left to Network Print discretion, any subsequent changes to such style, type or layout required by the customer shall be subject to additional charges on a time and materials basis.
7. Copyright - Unless negotiated and agreed in writing, the copyright of general artwork, commissioned artwork and illustrations and anything else whatsoever prepared, developed or created by Network Print shall vest in and belong to Network Print. Network Print may use any artwork or printing produced by itself for the purposes of promoting itself. The customer shall be responsible for obtaining all necessary authorities and consents to reproduce pictures, artwork, photographs, copyright text and/or any other reproducible materials ("Materials") prior to instructing Network Print to reproduce the same. The customer shall indemnify and hold Network Print and its agents and representatives harmless against all claims, demands, actions, costs, expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and disbursements), losses and damages arising from or suffered or incurred by reason of any claim (including but not limited to the defence of such claim) that the reproduction of the Materials by Network Print infringes the intellectual property or other rights of any third party or misuses the confidential information of a third party.
8. Company imprint - Unless otherwise specifically requested in writing any work may carry the Network Print imprint which will be positioned at Network Print discretion.
9. Delivery and payment - Turnaround is measured in Working Days, defined as days on which the clearing banks in the City of London are open for normal business. For orders made on a Guaranteed Turnaround service (being orders guaranteed to be ready within a certain period (the "Guaranteed Period"), delivery (as more particularly described in paragraph 9(b) below) will be made no later than 10pm on the last Working Day of the Guaranteed Period. Should we fail to deliver within the Guaranteed Period (see also paragraph 10 Variations in quantity), a service 'credit' will be awarded up to the value of the order in question (redeemable against future orders within 6 months of issue of the Credit in question) (the "Credit"). The customer will still be obliged to pay in full for the order in respect of which delivery was late, including any of the sums charged specifically for the provision of the Guaranteed Turnaround Service ("the Premium Charges"). In addition:
(A) These services rely on the customer not delaying the progress of the order in any way (which delays include but are not limited to the customer not returning proofs by the time specified by Network Print or failing to make payment by the time such payment is due) (a "Customer Delay"). In the event of a Customer Delay the customer shall not be awarded a Credit and the customer shall still be obliged to pay the Premium Charges but Network Print shall not be bound to deliver within the Guaranteed Period.
(B) Should expedited delivery be agreed Network Print shall be entitled to make additional charges on a time and materials basis to cover any overtime or any other additional costs involved, including without limitation, the cost of couriers or special delivery post.
(C) Should work be suspended at the request of or delayed through any default of the customer for a period of 30 days or more Network Print shall then be entitled to payment for work already carried out, materials specially ordered and other additional costs including storage.
(D) Risk of loss or damage to work completed by Network Print shall pass to the customer on delivery. Notwithstanding delivery and the passing of risk in the work to the customer, ownership of and title to the work shall not pass to the customer and shall be retained by Network Print until Network Print has received payment in full in respect of the work.
(E) In the unlikely event that Network Print deems it necessary to reprint work, the Guaranteed Period shall recommence from the time of Network Print confirmation to the customer of its agreement to reprint the work.
(F) Network Print reserve the right to deliver any print work / goods by independent courier services and in such circumstances the ownership and responsibility pass from Network Print to the courier once the print work / goods has been collected and a relevant signature has been obtained, in the event of any subsequent loss or damage Network Print must be allowed to place a claim with the courier or couriers insurance agents and a reasonable amount of time specified by the courier or couriers insurance agents must be allowed before any credit or replacement will be issued.
10. Variations in quantity - Every endeavour will be made to deliver the correct quantity ordered. However some variation is inherent in the print process and it is understood and accepted as reasonable that minor variations are immaterial and that Network Print shall have no liability in respect of such variations. For other variations Network Print entire liability will be to award a Credit. The table below sets out the circumstances under which a Credit will be awarded: Quantities No Credit awarded Pro Rata Credit awarded 1.5x Pro Rata Credit awarded up to 1,000 Shortage up to 10% 11% to 20% 21% to 25%* up to 5,000 Shortage up to 7% 8% to 15% 16% to 23%* up to 20,000 Shortage up to 5% 6% to 12% 13% to 21%* above 20,000 Shortage up to 4% 5% to 10% 11% to 20%*
* The Customer's sole remedy in respect of shortages above these quantities ("Additional Shortages") will be a reprint of the entire shortage quantity of the relevant work, to be undertaken by Network Print within a reasonable period of time. The Customer shall not be entitled to a Credit in respect of an Additional Shortage.
11. Claims - Advice of damage, delay or partial loss of goods in transit or of non-delivery must be given in writing to Network Print and the carrier within three clear days of delivery (or, in the case of non-delivery within 28 days of despatch of the goods) and any claim in respect there of must be made in writing to Network Print and the carrier within seven clear days of delivery (or, in the case of non-delivery, within 42 days of despatch). All other claims must be made in writing to Network Print within 28 days of delivery. Network Print shall not be liable in respect of any claim unless the aforementioned requirements have been complied with except in any particular case where the customer proves that (i) it was not possible to comply with the requirements and (ii) advice (where required) was given and the claim made as soon as reasonably possible.
12. Liability - Network Print gives no warranties or guarantees or makes any representations as to the merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of any completed work the subject of a customer's order and all other warranties, conditions, guarantees or representations, whether express or implied, oral or in writing, except as expressly stated in these terms and conditions are hereby excluded. Network Print shall not be liable for any loss arising from delay in transit not caused byNetwork Print Further, Network Print shall not be liable for any indirect, special or consequential damages, loss of profits, economic loss, loss of goodwill or loss of anticipated savings or loss of data. The total aggregate liability of Network Print in respect of any and all causes of action arising out of or in connection with the customer's order and Network Print performance of services pursuant to such order (whether for breach of contract, strict liability, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), misrepresentation or otherwise) shall (subject to the provisions of paragraph 10) be limited to the sums paid to Network Print by the customer in respect of the order pursuant to which liability has arisen. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall be construed so as to limit or exclude liability which cannot, pursuant to British & Scottish Law, be excluded or limited including for death or personal injury or liability in respect of fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
13. Standing material - (a) Metal and other materials owned by and used by it in the production of plates, film-setting, negatives, positives and the like shall remain the exclusive property of Network Print. Such items when supplied by the customer shall remain the customer's property. (b) Lithographic, together work or other materials supplied by the customer may be effaced or destroyed immediately after the order is executed unless written arrangements are made to the contrary. In the latter event, Network Print shall be entitled to make additional charges.
14. Customer's property - (a) The customer's property and all property supplied to Network Print by or on behalf of the customer shall while it is in the possession of Network Print or in transit to or from the customer be deemed to be at customer's risk unless otherwise agreed and the customer should insure such property accordingly. (b) Where a customer fails to collect work within 20 working days from notification to the customer of completion of the work, Network Print shall be entitled, at its discretion, to either store the work until actual delivery or collection is made and charge the customer for the costs (including insurance) of storage or to destroy such work (provided that the customer shall nevertheless remain liable for payment in respect of the relevant order).
15. Materials supplied by the customer - (a) Network Print may reject any paper, plates or other materials supplied or specified by the customer which it considers to be unsuitable. Additional cost incurred if materials are found to be unsuitable during production may be charged except that if the whole or any part of such additional cost could have been avoided but for unreasonable delay by Network Print in ascertaining the unsuitability of the materials then that amount shall not be charged to the customer.
(B) Network Print shall have no liability in respect of any work being of less than reasonably satisfactory quality as a result of defects in or the unsuitability of materials supplied or specified by the customer.
(C) Network Print shall assume that quantities of materials supplied shall be adequate to cover normal spoilage accordingly if the quantities of materials supplied are not sufficient to cover normal spoilage ("an Insufficient Supply") then Network Print shall have no liability for any shortfall in quantity to the extent that such shortfall arises as a result of such Insufficient Supply.
16. Credit terms - there are no credit terms at present with Network Print
17. Illegal matter - (a) Network Print shall not be required to print any matter which in its opinion is or may be of an illegal or libellous nature or an infringement of the proprietary or other rights or any third party. (b) Without prejudice to paragraph 7 above, the customer shall indemnify and hold Network Print harmless against all claims, demands, costs, expenses (including but not limited to legal costs and disbursements), losses and damages arising from or suffered or incurred by reason of the work it is required to produce pursuant to a customer order being or alleged to be defamatory.
18. Periodical publications - Save in respect of a material breach and/or in the event that a claim arises under any indemnity set out above a contract for the printing of a periodical publication may not be terminated by either party unless 13 weeks notice in writing is given in the case of periodicals produced monthly or more frequently or 26 weeks notice in writing is given in the case of other periodicals. Notice may be given at any time but wherever possible should be given after completion of work on any one issue. Without prejudice to the foregoing, Network Print may terminate any such contract.
19. Full colour printing - All reasonable efforts shall be made to obtain the best possible colour reproduction on customer's work but variation is inherent in the print process and it is understood and accepted as reasonable that, Network Print shall not be required to guarantee an exact match in colour or texture between the customer's photograph, transparency, proof, electronic graphic file, previously printed matter (whether printed by Network Print or other party) or any other materials supplied by the customer and the printed article the subject of the customer's order.
20. Data Protection - By placing an order with Network Print, the customer consents to its details being passed on to Network Print for marketing purposes. The details will be kept by Network Print even after the customer's trading relationship with Network Print has terminated. Network Print may use the customer's personal data to let customers know about goods and services similar to the goods or services provided to the customer previously and any others matters that Network Print consider may be of interest to customers.
21. Force majeure - Network Print shall be under no liability if it shall be unable to perform any obligation which is owed by it to the customer for any reason beyond his control including (without limiting the foregoing) Act of God, legislation, war, fire, flood, drought, failure of power supply, lock-out, strike or other action taken by employees in contemplation or furtherance of a dispute or owing to any inability to procure materials required for the performance of the contract. During the continuance of such a contingency the customer may by written notice to Network Print elect to terminate the contract and pay for work done and materials used, but subject thereto shall otherwise accept delivery when available.
22. Variation to Terms and Conditions - These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time. The latest version of these terms and conditions may be accessed via the Website.
23. Law - These terms and conditions and all other express terms of the contract with customers shall be governed and construed in accordance with British & Scottish law. English Courts shall have jurisdiction in relation to any matters arising in connection with any contract between Network Print and the customer into which these terms are incorporated.